linhtalinhtinh

Linhtalinhtinh

The Houses of History: A Critical Reader in Twentieth-Century History and Theory
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
Bill Watterson
Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan  Cain Though I found some problems of the book's presentation of introverts and extroverts, I am delighted to find the image of myself somewhere in the book.

Susan Cain seems to try so hard to make introverts hero and powerful and with all other underestimated good traits. She tries so hard that she does not thoroughly acknowledge (or probably deliberately ignore?) the weaknesses, the downsides of these very same attributes of introverts. I know she means to be inspring and she's encouraging other introverts, yet introverts with deep thoughts and close scrutiny (as she describes in her book) will not have much difficulty finding this apparent issue. Any of her efforts to become less biased (like saying "of course it does not mean that extroverts", etc.) becomes futile because those statements are mostly thrown randomly, superficially, without any further analysis. To add to this, her main evidence is not well grounded, many are personal projections. A lot of them are repetitive, others are pretty common sense.

I have not read other books about introverts to be able to make a good comparison (this is the very first one). But I find few and far between some pieces of information are indeed revealing and worth reading. If only the author digged deeper in those areas and throw other unecessary and repetitive parts away.