linhtalinhtinh

Linhtalinhtinh

The Houses of History: A Critical Reader in Twentieth-Century History and Theory
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
Bill Watterson
The Princess Bride - William Goldman What a crazy tale. I love the way that author invents everything himself and pushes the guilt to the fictional Morgenstern. As a result, Goldman freely creates such a chaos of fun. He even claims that he's making it better, keeping only the cool parts of adventure and action, while completely being loyal to the so-called "original" work.

A fairy tale when everything is wrong. That sounds awesome.

I feel exactly like the kid. Probably because I am still a kid. That's not fair, that's not fair. Things are supposed to be this and that. Prince Humperdinck should be dead by the end and Buttercup and Westley should be happy ever after.

Anyway, I like this part: the author's "father" told the story along with the ending differently. He changed the ending to satisfy the kid. The kid, on the other hand, as he "grows up and tells us this story" decided to reveal a bit of truth now and then. And so this tale teaches me one thing: life may not be fair and stories sometimes ends up cruelly. I don't care. I want the ending to be different, and I will imagine out myself. I appreciate it, the adult's thinking, but I insist on sticking to mine.

Whether you want to believe or not is entirely up to you.