linhtalinhtinh

Linhtalinhtinh

The Houses of History: A Critical Reader in Twentieth-Century History and Theory
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
Bill Watterson
The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank, Otto Frank, Mirjam Pressler, Susan Massotty http://www.annefrank.org/en/ After having a actual look at the hiding place, I shiver of the thought living there for 2 years. Sure, it's better than concentration camp, but the space is just too confined, which explains why there were frequent quarrels. I admire Anne even more.

At first I thought the diary was nothing spectacular. Well, it's just a diary, of a teenager. Life was going on so dull, so depressing, so repetitive, and she jotted down all her thought then. So what? Was the book so well received out of pity rather than true admiration?

And then, I tried to place myself in her position. Then I tried to imagine the space, the habits, the activities, the long 2 years, the loneliness, the wish to enter under the sky. I doubt very much that I would be able to keep such a spirit like Anne's, to be so strong and weak at the same time, to write and write and write, and feel, and think about everything not just sadness and worry. Probably I would be driven mad very soon.

Some may say the conditions shaped her and probably would change any other teenager in that situation, but I think not.